1) Why is my Speed displayed as “- -”?This may happen if you are not moving or Locatometer does not have enough data to determine your speed. When you start moving your Speed will be updated.
2) Why is my Heading displayed as “- -”?This may happen if you are not moving or Locatometer does not have enough data to determine your heading. When you start moving your Heading will be updated.
3) Do I need to be conected to the Internet to use Locatometer?Maybe, it depends on your device. Without an Internect connecton Locatometer will still update information on iPhones and iPads with cellular radios because they have a GPS chip built in. On non-GPS equipped devices an Internet connection is required. All devices use the Internet connection to update the map tiles.
4) How do I interact with the map?You can zoom in, zoom out and rotate the map.
5) When I move the map why does it snap back so the blue dot is in the center?This is by design, the blue dot will always be in the center of the map.
6) How do I share with my friends?Press the Social Sharing icon (square with arrow) in the top right corner.
7) Can I post to Facebook and Twitter?Yes! Press the Social Sharing icon (square with arrow) and select the Facebook or Twitter icon. You can also send a text message or AirDrop.
8) Which information is shared with my friends?
Locatometer sends a screenshot and also includes the following information: speed, altitude, latitude and longitude.